C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 06:44:11 -0400
consider it done on my part, betty.

-----Original Message-----
From: Betty Alfred [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 8:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Online "get well card" for my Mom

Howdy folks,

May I impose on you to sign the guestbook on this little web page I did for
my Mom?  She is despondent at times, and I worry.

To catch you up: She has been diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer, and the
doctor told me that if the chemotherapy works, she will have a life
expectancy of about two years (educated guess).  If it doesn't work, she
will
live a few months.  She does not know about this time frame -- she doesn't
want to know the odds.

The medication is either sufficient to kill the pain and make her a total
fruit loop, or it's not enough and the pain torments her.  She's not eating
much at all, gets sick to her stomach, etc., etc. -- all the fun of
chemotherapy.

She knows about C-PALSY, and hears me speak of you (fondly of course) all
the
time.  She knows who you are and it would mean a lot to her if you would
take
a moment to sign the guestbook -- I would appreciate this too.

Thanks folks,
Betty
 <A HREF="http://expage.com/luvulotsmom">Thinking of Ann</A>

BTW - Trisha - Mom told me you called today.  When I got back I crashed.
It's been an arduous day and I just haven't been able to get it together to
call -- I love you and I'll call you tomorrow morning.