C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:15:47 -0400
Bobby,

A cursory surf of the net shows there are lots of disparate CP forums, web
pages, etc.  A grassroots movement to get all of us hooked up and headed in
the same direction is what's needed--sort of like an electronic wagon train,
eh?

As far as the survey, Kat & the webpage, etc.---"If you build it, they will
come."  (If anyone remembers "Field of Dreams" with Kevin Costner).

I kept reading the same story--our story--over and over again:  "Nobody
wants to deal with CP adults", "UCP isn't worth the powder to blow it up",
"Why do they 'shove you out of the loop' when you turn eighteen?", "My
parents and I were always told that it's a 'static' condition."--I could
have written most of the comments myself.  For example, got to
www.healthboards.com and look at the cerebral palsy thread.  Has anyone on
C-PALSY been over there?

My personal strategy is to point folks to this list as (I beleive) it has to
be the largest forum of its kind.  I lost the "signup" instructions years
ago.  Can someone forward them to me?  Hopefully, we can start getting the
word out soon.  I don't know about you guys, but I'm pumped!

BTW, I sent my "weirdo at work" story to Ken weekend before last.  He was
supposed to nix my name and forward it on to the list.  That happen?

-Kyle