C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:20:32 +0800
Oh, what a relief!!!  If that idiot had kept up his spineless vitirol
(sp?) I would have been on the next flight out to wring his vicious
neck.  Expressing an opinion is one thing, but when someone starts
making public personal attacks..... well, let me at him!!

Joanne, I do hope you haven't let this `person' and his cowardly
attacks get under your skin.  As someone whose parents had a very
definitely bigoted and insanely perfectionist attitude towards both
myself and my CP, that resulted in many years of pain and distress for
me, I can most catergorically and absolutely say - as I think I have
said off list to you many months ago - Alex is very lucky to have you
as a parent.  Your love and caring attitude towards him comes across
SO strongly.  In an ideal world, there would be no need for painful
medical treatments, but if a child MUST go through them, then the best
thing is for that child to have parents who are intelligent, caring
people who will seek the best treatment and make themselves aware of
every aspect of the childs condition and the options available.  The
second thing necessary is to provide the child with emotional support
and much love and respect to enable them to get through their child as
emotionally intact as possible.  Joanne, as far as I can see, you do
BOTH of these things.  I have nothing other than the greatest respect
for you - you give me hope that other kids with CP will not have to go
through the trauma I, and many others went through as children.

I meant to email you off list about this, but the message to the list
that had your email addy on it got somehow squished and your addy got
wiped (don't ask me how I managed that - I'm having a severe attack of
techno-idiocy today.......<sigh>)

Hugs, Joanne
Rayna