C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:48:41 EST
Hi Deri,

I know he's hurting, and I've considered your post.

This is an excerpt of one of my previous e-mails, and it was directed toward
Matt:

"Final comment: Until I am very old (if I get there, which is my goal) I will
always have elders.  In fact, I have elders on this list.  I might be
flippant with them in jest, but I am still aware of their superiority,
academically and/or in terms of general life experience.  I am beholden to my
elders and to myself to listen when they speak, and to give due consideration
to them for my own benefit.  They do not have to spend their time trying to
help me.  They could be doing something more lucrative or more edifying for
themselves."

I haven't failed that boy Deri, but if he shoots off his mouth like that in
the wrong company one day, and finds himself bleeding in a dark alley, I
won't have to take the blame.  I wouldn't anyway, since it wouldn't be mine
either way, but at least no one can say I didn't warn him twice, once
diplomatically, and once in the only way that he seemed to understand.

Betty

In a message dated 11/12/2001 5:37:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> That is a great shame. Whilst not agreeing with his ideas, nor his
>  tone to Joanne, he should feel free to express himself, if those
>  views are unpopular he should learn of them.
>
>  From Matt's posts I could see the pain he has been through in his
>  life before finding an extreme position from which he finds comfort.
>  We may disagree with him, and tell him his tirades hurt people, but
>  not revel in the fact we have forced him away. I'm sad we have failed
>  him.
>
>  Deri

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam