C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Collis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 11:55:29 -0400
Well, I'm back home, and  my dad's funeral was good.   He served  in the
military, so we had a military funeral with a 21 gun salute and a bugler
who played "Taps."

I learned the details to my dad's death.  The aide went in and he was
awake, aware, and joking with her,  and the aide opened the window and
went out to get something.  When she got back, he was gone.  It was as
if he had gone through the window. and the only thing that remained was
the shell.

I'm going to miss him, but I know he's 10,000 times more alive now than
he was.