C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 06:21:31 -0500
Well, you did come on a bit strong, sure, but I understand why, really I do.
It's just that I feel such anger when not dealt with, can erupt in
unexpected ways, and it's not right.   I get angry myself at times and I try
to take a deep breath and let it go.  Healthier, too.

People are people, and I'm not going to change anything by getting angry at
them; it's better to lead than to force.  I teach diversity classes at work,
and I've had many employees come up to me afterwards and tell me how much
insight I've given them on disabled people in the workplace.  It's as if
light bulbs go off in their heads and they go "duh!"  Same thing at the
synagogue and elsewhere.  If someone's obstinate, I just let it go; he or
she is not going change in one day and if I'm not that change agent, then
maybe someone else will be. We gotta remember, too, that everyone gets older
and more like us at some point as our bodies wear out... and then they, too,
realise what's really going on.  It's karma.  What goes 'round comes 'round.

        Kathy