C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:54:04 -0700
i think bush's main problem is from the beginning he
did not aggreesively confront his critics. the GOP as
a who have let the media creat scandal after scandal
where no scandel existed. ie this whole think of
firing some fed. procecutor. clinton fire 93 in his
first month. they serve at the pleasure of the
president. i'd hold a press conference and say " they
are political appointees and serve at my pleasure.
they are gone, get used to it." turn and walk away.
bush will not do that and never has.
in that way he has hurt conservatives.

is the GOP shooting itself in the foot going to
moderates like rudy? forget mccain, he is dead and in
the grave politically? i do not know if they are
shooting their self in the foots or not. he has said
he'd nominate judges like alito and scalia. if he does
that, his personal belieifs on some of the social
issues will be moot. most of that is hashed out in the
courts. ie: he is for more gun control. any big law
he'd sign would be decided upon by the courts. sooo...
maybe GOP is just finally being pragmatic. what ever
the case, it looks like we will get to find out.
nobody is near rudy in the polls and i do not at this
time see anyone that can get in and catch him. i know
a lot can happen.

my question for all is why al gore is not running. he
said he thought we only have 10 years to fix global
warming. his words not mine. to make drastic changes
will take a president on board. if he really beleives
what he is saying, he should be in the race. hilery
and obama are not even discussing global warming.

WHERE'S AL.???
--- Mike Collis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Do you think Bush has made it harder for
> conservatives?  Or were the events
> happening now just bad luck?  Is the GOP shooting
> itself in the foot for
> considering political moderates such as Giuliani and
> McCain?
>
> I like this quote by C. S. Lewis and I think it has
> an implicit warning for
> us Christians who try to change society from the
> outside in (at least, it
> does to me):
>
> "Of all the tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the
> good of its victims may
> be the most oppressive. It may be better to live
> under robber barons than
> under omnipotent moral busy-bodies. The robber
> baron's cruelty may sometimes
> sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated;
> but those who torment us
> for our own good will torment us without end, for
> they do so with the
> approval of their own conscience."

> list, go here:

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html