C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:34:43 -0800
Hi Mag,

  Chest pains - when I get chest/rib/bone pain, the heart goes into arrhythmia
big time. Yesterday I had chest pain and the heart went nutz. I called my
doctor at home to see if I could take one of my husband's Endocets - 350mg
tablet. He said it would be okay. I was out of my Naproxen, which I take twice
a day, morning and evening. About 10 minutes after taking the Endocet I felt
fine, all pain gone. Then about 15 mins after that, my temperature spiked and
I was sweating from head to foot. The whole time I was sitting at my desk -
playing scrabble, what else! Then, I threw up twice. I don't think my system
liked the Endocet.

  Normally, when I get what I can best describe as "crush pain" it feels like
my rib cage is imploding. I don't now always assume I'm having a heart attack,
because I feel it's more a myalgic thing and seems concentrated in the chest
region because of my already weakened/damaged thoracic spine. Also, because I
was diagnosed with aortic insufficiency (leaky valves), I know what to look
for with a heart attack. I did read, however that more women than men die from
heart attacks and the various implications after a heart attack. So I suppose
I really should take these "chest pains" more seriously.

  Most of the folks I chat with on the fibromyalgia group say they experience
the "crush pain" from time to time and find that Naproxen or even Tylenol #3
works for them. All have had a full cardiac exam. Have you? If not, I would
encourage you to do so. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Carla
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier