C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amanda Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:40:35 -0600
The reason I am looking for retreats for people with CP is for
interaction.  My fiance is 32 and has never really been around others
with CP.  Not as far as interacting.  I think it would do him some good
to spend time with people of all types, but he gets really nevous and
self-consious.  He still gets angry at his disability. And with our
upcoming marriage, he goes through these spirts of feeling like "less of
a man" because he can't do a lot of the things that he would like to do.
I reasure him constantly that I am not marrying him to do those things.
That I am marrying him because I love him and that entering into this
relationship, I knew there were going to be some limitations.

I'll stop there before I turn this email into a book!  hehe!  But in
short, that is why I was looking for CP retreats.  I had seen an
advertisement for one once.

God Bless,
Amanda