C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 18:07:26 EDT
Hi,

My balance is actually improving as I get older thanks to the horseback
riding, Rolfing, and all of the other things that I am doing. I am in my late
30's. I stopped falling down a "million times a day" when I started doing the
Rolfing when I was in my teens. Kept that change all the way until now. After
I started Riding 3 1/2 years ago, my walking has improved even more, along
with my balance and range of motion and etc.

So my advice is: Get into something active and keep working at it. Like I
mentioned several times, according to one doctor, I should have gotten myself
a walker 7 years ago due to the excruciating pain in my ankles thanks to
surgery as a young child. Instead, I went to a nutritionist who diagnosed me
with food allergies. Results: Pain free within weeks and it's constantly
improving. I am very far from needing a walker.

Just some thoughts on how you can "beat the aging process" and reverse a lot
of it.

Dina