C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:07:51 EST
In a message dated 03/02/2000 9:18:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I'll be the first to admit to engaging in "Clinton bashing", engaging in
 just the sort of public humor you describe.  It certainly is unbecoming.  It
 doesn't excuse his behavior, which is still contemptible, but we should be
 lifting him up, not tearing him down.  It's not easy to separate the person
 from their actions, but that's what we're called to do.  Those of us who
 have been forgiven of so much need to be the first to forgive.  Glad you
 called us on it.

 OH Kyle, that was a general comment for all Christians (myself included).  I
find that when I get caught up in not forgiving and holding onto grudges, I
am the only person who hurts.  That doesn't help me or anyone else.  I still
have issues about the friends who kind of "forgot me" after I became
disabled, but I've decided that I can still love them.  Nothing has happened
that calls for hatred.  I also pray for them on a regular basis, and I have
peace from that.  I still feel some hurt, but I don't feel any ill-will
whatsoever.

All these things seem trite until you are really put to the test and make a
conscious decision to rely on them.  This business of trying to love my
neighbor as myself has helped immensely in healing wounds of the heart.
That's really where my comment stemmed from, but I feel better when I am
praying for Clinton than when I'm bashing him.