C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:16:44 -0700
kat, i never intended to dismiss the brits. sorry if i
come accross that way. my intentions in the remark was
to convey the idea that the BBC has a new reality to
get accustomed too just like ABC, CBS AND NBC AND OF
COURSE CNN. that reality is that no one can now just
broadcast things and as in the past have no one
challenge them. with the internet, fox news network
and all the other ways to get news, the american media
is being challenged. i think the bbc is going to find
that they too will be challenged and not be immune.
the BBC is a big part 0f THIS story. i watched a bbc
reporter interviewed last night and very stiffly
challenged in his remarks and bbc accused of "hounding
someone to death." that is exactly what i meant in the
statement that the bbc was implicated in this as much
as the blair government.
  the brits have been our allies thru think and thin.
i'd never dismiss them.
   i know blair has more challenges than bush right
now. i noticed that he said he still stands by british
intelligence.
history might be better to blair than the brit
population though. it was certainly like that with
churchhill.
   please no notes that he is no churchhill. only time
will tell on that.