C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 03:17:48 EDT
Okay Prof, you're right on the first one if you are talking about after the
decisive Battle of Hastings.  Harold Godwinson, or Harold II, was the
defeated King, having been in power for less than one year.

Archaeopteryx had feathers, a physical attribute belonging only to birds.  He
also had dentition, which birds do not have now.  I'm stumped on the number
of heart chambers, I have to tell you.  Avian and reptilian species do share
a common ancestry though, and still have some shared physical traits.

Right on three -- youdeman!

Betty

In a message dated 10/17/2001 12:47:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> In a message dated 10/17/01 3:22:57 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
>  >.  What was the name of the English King at the time of the Norman
conquest?

>  >   Don't really know?? William the Conqueror?
>  >
>  >2.  Archaeopteryx is the first known bird, according to the majority of
>  >western paleontologists. Archaeopteryx lived about 65 million years ago.
>  >
>  >    (a)  What did Archaeopteryx have that is unique to avian species, and
>
>      Being a reptile, this species would have scales
>  >    (b)  What physiological feature did he have that birds do not have
>  >now?
>      Also, being reptile it would have a three chambered heart, instead of
>  four.
>      If I remember my comparative anatony fom 1958, the crocodile is the
>      only reptile with a four chambered heart which makes them warm blooded.
>  >
>  >3.  What unit of measurement is used to define blood pressure?
>  >     millimeters of mercury based on barometric pressure

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
"I will either find a way or make one."