C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. Logan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:45:46 -0600
Hybernation (sp?) is over!

So people are feeling the need for spring (re:chips on shoulders
etc..).  Ahh yes spring.  In Calgary that means the 60-70`F will go to
-2`F.  It is one of those bizzar things about living in Alberta.  There
is a winter and summer and not much else and those two seasons get mixed
up sometimes.

Sorry for rambling on about Calgary...  I figure it will get us away
from Kyle's "Dr. K" can of worms;-)  Ah heck, I'll give the can a kick.
I figure Jack K should never have done the injection....his machine,
where the individuals themselves administer the injection, is a
different story.  Still, even killing yourself is illegal in North
America.  Once someone else does the action its a different ball of wax
because we never know if the person (who died) may have changed his/her
mind.  In Canada (Ontario for sure) we have living wills which aid in
dying with dignity.  It is a simple, legal, document that states that
you do not want any heroic measures taken to save you and that you can
receive pain killers to make death a little less painful.  I cannot
disagree with that.

Well that is all for now.  It will be interesting to hear any replies.

Martin