C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:42:56 -0500
I've heard that joke before, but it's too true.  Man, I am SO glad that I
don't have to live in a mobile home--especially in the South or Midwest.  I
wonder if there's something about all that aluminum stacked in one place
that attracts torndaoes(?).  They are tornado "magnets", for sure.

Bit of trivia:  Remember when Dorothy spoke of her being "up in the cyclone"
in Wizard of Oz?  The screenwriters didn't research the fact that cyclones
are in a different hemisphere and, I think, counter-rotate from tornadoes.
I'm pretty sure, too, that tornadoes are almost the exclusive province of
Canada and the U.S.--I'll have to check my facts on that.

-Kyle