C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 05:34:55 EDT
Hey all,

I'd like to thank you for your kind expressions of sympathy for the loss of
my Mother.  In the years to come, I will be blessed with memories of her
loving guidance and care.

I was pleased with the memorial service.  I think my Mom would be pleased as
well.  My dear friend whom I love, Jodi, played Canon in d on her violin in a
lovely arrangement for organ and violin.  I was moved by her performance, a
gift to my Mother's memory.  Our family friend, Kevin, delivered a beautiful
eulogy; I have that on MS word if anyone would like to read it.  Trisha and
Amber sat next to me on one side, my nephew Bobby sat on the other.  I was
glad to be next to people I love and who love me.

Now I have to tell on myself.  I arranged for a display of various
photographs of my Mom to be in the Church fellowship hall following the
memorial service.  My cousin came up to me and asked who the lady was in one
of the pictures.

"Pat, that's your Aunt Ann," I replied.
"That's not Aunt Ann."
"Is too."
"Is not."
"Too."
"Not."

My nephew, Bobby, walked up and settled the debate:  "That's my
Great-grandmother Andre."

Thus ends my post-funeral festivities planning director career.