C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:48:58 -0400
Trish,

Excuse me, but just how do you know someone has CP?  I realise you see
something like awkwardness in gait and spasticity and see CP, but there are
other things going on you may not be aware of.  I have CP but I don't assume
someone else has just because he or she looks like they do.  It could have
been a stroke or menningitis, or an isolated case of polio; you don't know.

Kat