C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 19:10:58 EDT
Hi Vince,
I'm fine.

Had a bit of an adventure last night. Went to a 1 woman show in San
Francisco, took bus and bart. when we got to SF exit, we saw poster that
elevator at my bart stop going home would be closed due to renovation.  we
went to the play, which was fun, but disappointing in a way. because the
woman who had her own disability, also faked another disability by walking
stiff legged.  it was supposedly a show about disabled women and sex.

Anyway, when we got back to bart in SF we called to ask if the elevator at my
stop was really out of order.
The agent said no. so we got on the train, and get off, and the elevator is
all closed off. There was no way for me to get down to street level.

We had to wait 25 minutes and take train into Berkeley, board 2 different
busses, and I didn't get home until midnight......  phsshhh!

mag