C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 02:34:46 +0100
On Monday 28 Jun 2004 20:19, Kat wrote:
> I love photography!  I'm not the world's best photographer - just take a
> look at my vacation photos to verify that - but I love taking pictures. :)
>
> I wish I could afford one of those higher-resolution digital cameras that
> allow you to take photos in black and white, or sepia.  I'd love to try
> those!
>
> Kat

Hi Kat,

Try loading a photo (on your fedora linux) using 'gimp'. Right click on the
photo window when it opens and select:-

script-fu -> Decor -> Old Photo

hey presto, a sepia copy.

You can do an AWFUL lot with this software (Image->Colour->Desaturate for
b&w), Google for an e-book "Grokking the Gimp" (sounds painful!!)

An example of 1 of your photos as sepia:-

<http://www.chuzzlewit.demon.co.uk/pics/KatSepia.jpg>

Cheers

Deri