C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Molly Felder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:16:08 EST
In a message dated 4/5/02 11:09:04 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< A query, Molly: How are Canadian crutches different from Amercan ones? Do
they have the Maple Leaf flag on them?  <grin>

Ha! No--but they do have a tricky pronunciation. The full spelling is
Canadianeh, and the 'eh' is silent. :c) I have no idea why elbow cuffs make
them Canadian. Ours is not to reason why.

I'm smitten with my sticks. They're my longest-standing (har!) male
relationship, and I named them Sacco and Vanzetti after two wrongly executed
Italian anarchists from the 1920s. I toyed with Pierre and Jean-Guy for a
while, because of their nationality, but I think I made the best choice.

Molly