C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 12:19:51 -0600
Kat,

One thing that might be a solution to the malpractice situation is
review boards for malpractice claims, rather than liability caps.  Since
the article you cited says that 40% of malpractice claims are unfounded,
that means that around 60% _do_ have merit.  In the example I cited in
response to your original post, the machinist and the middle school
student who were injured through negligence would then have recourse
beyond a $250,000 - $750,000 cap.

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950