C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Schaeffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 13:40:42 -0600
Denise and Elaine,

After reading both e-mails I realize that many of the points elaborated on
persist  on a daily me almost on a daily basis.

I was recently working in an office and 2 or 3 times a day I would pass a
large full length mirror and I would see that my walking was not  "normal"
and I would see myself as awkward and not normal.

Many times when I looked at photos I see myself as being awkward and not
attractive. My husband often tells me the pictures are not that bad.

I don't like to see video pictures or sounds or tapes of my self. Many times
over the phone people would ask if my mother was at home.

I guess ones picture of one's self never really leaves you.

Joyce