C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:00:55 -0600
Mike, Chester and Kat,

This is a great idea!  The $140-150 price tag is a little daunting, though
for many people with disabilities (and seniors) who would be the primary
market for the device.  Our AT program has an interest buy down program on
loans, but $150.00 may be too small an amount for that to work well.

I wish there was a device so we could get down on the floor to play with
pets (and kids without fur) easier, too.  My dog would love that, althought
it'd probably freak the cats out.  Only time they've seen me on the floor is
when I've fallen, and it's like, "Dad, what are you doing down here?!"
There is a company that makes a people lifting device that inflates, but
they want around $3,000.00 for it.

http://www.hovermatt.com/media_pdf/HoverJack_Flyer.pdf

An exercise ball might work, but something square would be easier, as it'd
be pretty easy to fall off a round ball again, and have to start over.
You'd also need a pretty powerful air compressor, depending on your weight.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950