C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 18:22:56 -0500
I've found it's variable.  We were all a little disappointed with the vendor
room at RESNA this year (the talks were insightful and invigorating though).
Too many wheelchair manufacturers and not enough of the other stuff.  The
wheelchairs they are coming out with now and days are pretty fancy if you
can afford them or get someone to justify the additions and type.  Beautiful
new carriers for little ones out now, and the new Rifton walkers are really
spiffy and much more people friendly than in the past.  At the AIAA one, it
was heavy on technology for visually impaired and learning disablities.  And
AOTA was just not enough of good stuff with too many recruiters(before the
balanced budget ammendment) the year it came to Orlando.  I've heard Closing
the Gap conferances are great for the variety.
OK, so you got me started, can you tell I've been studying up for my
Assistive Technology Practioner credentials?

Beth