C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:15:16 -0400
I guess what gets me is that people believe such things when it's not
true at all.  Unfortunately modern medicine can't cure everything and
I believe it's cruel to instill false hopes.  I think dealing with
reality makes life easier in the long run.

I still remember vividly when it really hit me that my dad was going
to die of cancer.  It was hard but I think it made it easier for my
dad to talk to me about important things instead of trying to skirt
around issues before he got too ill to talk at all.

Kat