C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:39:56 -0700
might be a bit of a little bit of exaggeratin for
effect, or a lie if you wish. the house of
represenatives passed a suplemetal budget for 85
billion to carry 120 days of "active combat." we are
now spending let than "active combat" rate. my math
says that 85 billion for 120 days is less than a
billion a day. we are spending even less. as a % of
gnp this is the cheapest war we have ever fought.

while the money sounds high and should not be spent if
not necessary, we need to hold people who streach the
truth accountable and dismiss them from our
information sources as undependable.

at this point i am more concerned for our military men
and women than the money.

  i doubt that the money ammounts being spent being
represented as more than three times  what has been
appropreated, that you can depend on their statements
about how it is being spent. what ever paper you are
reading, i'd advise that you drop your subscription.
as they have with that story certainly have distorted
the facts enough for me to call the story a lie. a
tendacy to lie makes for very undependable source of
information.

the ammount appriated is the limit on spending,
becouse you can go to the ferderal prison if you spend
money that is unappropreated. people in charge of the
spending in every agency including dod are very
careful about this becouse they know that there is
people in jail for not keeping money from being spent.