C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dina Dror <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 23:58:21 EDT
Hi,

I agree about the surgeries too and have said this many times before. I could
walk and do everything before I had my first surgery. I could have lived
without all of the nightmares I have because of the alcohol nerve block
injections and the phenol injections which didn't do a thing for me then or
ever. I could have lived without any of the surgeries too. Botox is not worth
the pain and the temporary "results."

We need empathetic people in our lives, who can help us retrain our brain
patterns. There are a lot of alternatives out there to surgery. The SDR
results have long-term nightmares, and short-term raves in way too many
cases. I am not a fan of Baclofen either for many reasons.

Dina