C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 03:08:04 EST
Anee,
you need to look at whether you will be;
1, eating at the school,
2, or cooking your own meals.
3. Will you be living on campus or off campus?

Take into account the amount of time it will take you to get up in the
morning, get dressed, eat, and get to classes. personally, I always took
afternoon classes to allow myself time for all these things. Will you have an
personal care assistant?

After you answer these questions, you should look into whether the college
will provide you with an aide to read aloud to you. I had this and it was
very helpful.  i couldn't cope with the tapes, i always fall asleep. but when
somebody reads aloud to you in person, it's easier.

I found it easier to do well in class when I only took two academic courses
and one p.e. class.   your mileage may vary. ;p)

anee., i am so happy you are doing this!
mag