C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:51:25 -0400
I know that you all are probably dealing with much more serious problems
than mine, but I have to share anyway...

  Most of you probably remember that I had a partial femorectomy last April,
and ran into lots of complications.  Since the operation, I've been dealing
with lots of chronic pain in my hip and leg.  I went to see the head
orthopedist at Georgetown, and he said that this was normal for the
operation.  But!!!  He also said that the pain would last for at least 18
months after the operation, and that the operation was never performed on
high functioning patients because of the pain factor.  The doctor that did
the surgery never ever told us this.  I don't know what to do.  He
recommended muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatories, and hydrotherapy.

It's just not helping, and I'm miserable.  This pain is driving me crazy -
I'm snappish, I'm hostile, and I can't focus on anything.  I know logically
that it will go away, but I don't know if I can stand it anymore.  I'm
really afraid that I'm going to do something I'll regret.  I just don't know
where else to turn or what to do.

~Joy~
http://diluted.org/joy