C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 22:50:58 +0100
On Thursday 03 May 2001  6:14 pm, Rayna Lamb wrote:
> Ken, this is hilarious, cracked me up!  Just wanted to say thanks
> for posting this and the jokes you posted yesterday.  I've been
> knocked flying by a nasty bout of fatigue over the last few weeks,
> and have been in dire need of some serious humor (my favourite
> oxymoron!).
>
> Rayna
>
> BTW everyone, I have just figured out the WORST thing about having
> CP.  Not being able to change the lightbulbs when they blowout.
> Just turned on my living room light - one in the morning here - and
> the ^%&$$&*ing thing just WENT!!  I live alone, so I have to wait
> till later on before I can get it fixed. Arrrrrgggg!

Same problem here. When I get any rewiring done I get them to put
those little spots on a track - they are not all going to blow at
once. Although I don't live on my own (wife (also CP), 3 kids (non
CP)), and the kids are 13, 17 & 22, it is a family rule that me and
Lin don't ask them to do things we can't do ourselves - their kids
not carers.

Cheers

Deri