C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:13:46 -0400
Hi Chester,

  Its certainly a reasonable idea - what happens is my kneecap wobbles from side to side rather than being staionary - knee braces I have seen brace the bootom and the top and have a space where your kneecapplays peek-a-boo. That is the very part that is wrong with my knee - the ligaments no longer hold it in place its off to one side - laying down on the job. I think to actually hold the knee cap in place - I am not sure one could have that kind of a solid support and then bend the knee. Its okay - its annoying at this point - it took awhile to be able to go downstairs after the surgery ( it is actually harder down than going up stairs - go figure!) I am not running now, I limit stairs -  - 2nd floor yes - 9 floor - no.

                                          Trisha