C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:13:55 -0400
Dear Joanne,

Your writing only upsets me because you only seem to think like the doctors
do. YES THE DYSTONIA DIAGNOSIS WAS FOR ME. THEY MENTIONED IT MANY TIMES (AT
LEAST THE NURSE AND PT DID) WHEN I WAS AN OUTPATIENT/InPATIENT. THIS LETTER
WAS TO MY DISABILITY PENSION, AND THEY CANNOT LIE TO THEM. I think a patient
should get treated for what the physiciamn feels is thew prim,ary
diagnosis-- in my case, dystonia, since my selective dorsal rhizotomy got
rid of spasticity. If the trial they did was for pain, they should not have
caused more with the botched lumbar puncture(s) and called it a true trial .
I don't worry about me. I have a referral to another surgeon, and would not
let the London team do surgery if you paid me.

Montreal, here I come- with questions of dystonia in the referral. I just
think if a physician thinks you have another disorder they should treat you
for it. So you are wrong. I would never go back to London. Never put words
in my mouth. You have angered me more than you know.
Jenn