C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 14:33:05 -0800
Hi Elaine,

 Here are recipes for cinnamon rolls. First is for bread machines, and 2nd
kneaded the old fashioned way. I make mine using the 2nd recipe - like the 2
eggs. Besides, I don't have a bread machine yet! Also, the frosting does two
batches for me cause I don't like a lot of sweet stuff on them.

Cheers!

Carla
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls (BREAD MACHINE)

¼ c. butter, melted
¼ c. water
½ pkg. Instant vanilla pudding (1/2 of a 3.4 oz box)
1 c. milk
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp. Sugar
½ tsp salt
4 c. bread flour
2 ½ tsp. Yeast

FILLING:
½ c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon

FROSTING:
4 oz. Cream cheese, softened
¼ c. butter, softened
1 ½ c. confectioners sugar
½ tsp. Vanilla
1 ½ tsp. Milk

Rolls: Place ingredients in machine following the specifications of that
particular machine. Et for dough cycle. After complete on dough cycle, remove
from machine and roll out to 17x10" (approx.) rectangle.

Filling: mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread softened butter over
dough. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over top. Roll tightly from
long end, pinching edges closed when completely rolled. Slice dough into ½"
slices (or large if a larger bun is preferred). Place into greased cake pans
or a cookie sheet. If using cake pans, use 3-9" pans. Let rise until doubled.
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes on mid rack until golden brown. Do not overbake.

Frosting: Spread on very warm rolls. They are best when eaten fresh, but we
have found that 10-15 seconds in a microwave rejuvenates them. Note: You may
add chopped nuts with the filling and use twice the amount of cinnamon.

TRADITIONAL RECIPE - THE OLD FASHIONED WAY

  -1      1/4-oz        package active dry yeast
   1      cup  warm milk -- 2 mins in nuker
   1/2  cup           granulated sugar
1/4 cup Vanilla Pudding Mix
   1  teaspoon  salt
   2  eggs
   1/3  cup           margrine -- melted
   4 cups          all purpose flour

Pour warm milk over sugar, salt and margarine. Blend in the eggs. Add 2 cups
of flour, the pudding mix and yeast. Blend. Add remaining flour, and do your
thing.

   1  Cup packed brown sugar
   2 1/2  teaspoons Cinnamon
     1/3  cup margarine -- softened