C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:18:14 -0400
Well, yeah, Moses was to have authored the Torah/Pentatuch, so the Genesis
account would have been written by a non-contemporary, though all three
major religions--Islam, Christianity and Judaism--have no argument.  I think
some of the most compelling arguments for the validity of Judaism and
Christianity come from the major prophets Isaiah and Daniel (spec. Isaiah 53
and Daniel 9).  These two books have been correctly dated by "third party"
means, yet refer to events hundreds of years later that are also verifiable
by contemporary (to that time) secular Roman & Greek historians.  That said,
I think we can both understand that neither of us is apt to change the
other's view, regardless of the "evidence" presented.  In fact, Jesus
himself tells his followers not to be heavy-handed and "pushy" when it comes
to delivering the message of Christianity (Matthew 10:14, et al).

I am curious, though, if you say you are referring to the same "early
followers" as I, then shouldn't we be in agreement as to the Christian
message being completely warped by 200 AD?   As Ken said, the "church" as it
existed when Martin Luther nailed his love note to the door at Whittenburg
(and as it exists now), bears no similarity to the church described by Luke
in the historical account "Acts".

As for how I'm doing otherwise...not well.  Physical therapy (stretching,
hot water stretch, deep-tissue massage) seems to be precipitating more
spasms that relieving them.  Frustrating.