C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 14:23:57 -0600
Beth,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.  I remember once we were
in attendance at the Pittsburgh Employment Conference for augmentative and
alternative communicators, where we met up with a gal from Orange County
California, and due to her severe spasticity, she was only able to activate
her communication device by use of a switch for single switch scanning that
was mounted by her knee, I remember how tiresome it was for her but she sure
enjoyed her system.  My father was also in attendance, and he suggested to
this gal and her attendant that they should probably look into the Baclofen
pump to get more out of not only her communication device but other
technology that she also had.  We stayed in contact with this gal and her
mother for a while, but I feel it got too overwhelming, and when the device
finally died they simply gave up which is too bad.  Cases like this also
hurt images of AAC companies, but we can only do so much to insure success
storys, and other people and elements have to come into play.

Thanks,
Anthony
Visit my website at www.anthonyarnold.net