C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Hunsberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:08:46 -0600
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Jessica Shallow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>  I am not sure how I started to get your email but I am looking for some advice and help. I have a 4months old baby boy who has been diagnosed with Spastic Quadriplegia CP. He is developmentally delayed,vision impaired, now is having seizures and they are telling me his life span is between 15 and 20yrs old. His injury is very severe and everyone is worried! Here in Michigan the waiting lists are very long to get any help. The therapy we do receive I do not feel like is helping him. They will not do anything with him since he can not hold his head up. I am looking for any advice or any where in the US that can possibly help us. I want to help my son in every and any way.

First thing to do is to forget what ever "they" tell you!  Every kids
is different and in 10 years from now there is now telling what your
son will have achieved and what treatments will be available.

I don't know what programs are available in Michigan, but there will
be some form of early intervention program available to help you.
Hopefully someone from Michigan can chime in, but start making phone
calls and getting people helping you.

--
Peter Hunsberger