C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stephen Allman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 17:21:58 EST
I read what Christopher Reeves said and I saw the commercial. The scientists
have made great strides but I believe this will give people false hope which
is wrong. I was appalled by the commercial and about Reeves comments. He can
raise money and educate society about the disabled but there has to be a
better way.

I have seen Mr. Reeve's speak before and he can and is a great spokesman for
the disabled but we need to be realistic and live the best we can now. I hope
and pray there will be a cure for spinal cord injury's.

Stephen Allman