C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:45:53 EDT
Hi Everyone-

I just wanted to bring you all up to date on whats been going on with me.
Well another symester has started--I went to the doc yesterday and let's just
say he had a cow--as my bp was back up to about 140/104...like i have been
much lower than that in the first place, plus I have managed to cetch a cold
virus.  Oh and I had not gotten but about 3 hours of sleep a night for over 2
weeks.  Everyone knows it is stress.  I just don't know what to do about it.
I am in counsling.  Dr. J yeseterday was really pushing me to get rid of some
of my class load.  I offered to get rid of the 2 cw hog classes I am taking
(swiming, and seated areobics) and he says almost jumping out of his chair
"no, you stay in those." So he dubbled my bp med, he put me on a sleep aid,
and said come back in 2 weeks.  We shall see.

 I am waiting to see how I did on my econ and math exams that I took on
tuesday.  If I did not do well on the math exam then I will probably drop the
class--cirtenly if I outright fail it I will drop it again--but I think I may
have narowly passed...I'll just have to see...I am planing on going to talk
with my advisor once I get thses exams back.  I am only taking 3 academic
classes which are Microeconomics, Intermediate Algebra, and Genral Zoology w/
lab.  The lab is really frustrating to me as there are many things that I
have dificultly doing--basicly all I really contribute to the group is typing
skills for the lab report.  Most of the labs are microscopy which makes it
really hard to do for me--well I don't get anything out  of it.  I may go
talk to the ADA office but I am not shure how they would provide an adaption
for something like this.  I know it's ok to do things slower but I really
thought/think I can do this, after all it is just one class from the core
requirements, one from the hca criculum, and one from pre-pt/ot.  I am doing
a lot for me especially since the math course requries 3 to 4 times as much
work for me as any of the other cources I take.  Oh I don't know but I'll let
you know what happens.

Anee
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/