C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 05:50:24 -0400
Well yes, of course.  The damage to the brain itself is static, no question
about it.  Just as damage to the brain from polio is static. However
Post-Polio Syndrome is a widely-recognised medical phenomenon.  Now it's our
turn to make the medical community sit up and take notice that CP affects
our bodies throughout our lives, not just during childhood.  They can't
assume that just because we walked after therapy they'll never hear from us
again.  Medicine isn't infallible.  Doctors may think they're gods but
they're really humans and can make mistakes. but unfortunately, it can be
very difficult to change the status quo.

Kat