C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:48:49 -0400
You know, I often get asked by people I meet, and sometimes parents whose child is newly diagnosed, for info. I thought this was one of the best sites I've seen so far. I especially liked the way they talked about disability and handicap... I never really thought about it that way before... Just wanted to get an adult's take on it.

There is still so much that I just don't get in terms of what is the best way to talk about CP, what terms to use, what are sensitive issues or taboo subjects... It's like being immersed in a whole new culture and it is overwhelming at times.

I've said it before... I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you guys to help me navigate the world of CP. Thanks!

Yvonne
Mommy to Anthony, age 5

In a message dated 7/5/02 12:31:10 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>http://www.ofcp.on.ca/guide.html

An excellent source for the basics. Thanks, Yvonne!

Bobby