C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 10:50:46 EST
Yea Paige, you can never be truly sure can you?  I never see Jubal acting
aggressively toward birds or any other animals in the backyard, but he is a
cat and I have to assume that sometimes instinct can take over.

There is another cat -- Oscar is his name -- who lives nearby who comes to
visit frequently.  Oscar is young and full of life.  He definitely shows
birding potential.  He likes to sit in my lap when I'm sitting in the back
yard, so I take Jubal's brush out with me and brush him when he is visiting.
While I am doing that, I talk to him and tell him that he has to learn to
curb his birding nature so the little birds that come to my feeders will be
safe.  Am I hopelessly idealistic or what?

Oscar is just too adorable for words.  He is a b & w domestic long hair -- I
mean really long hair, and he is developing three or four mats on the side of
his body.  I want to help him, but every time I try to get to those mats he
gets upset.  I know they must be hurting him; they are right next to his
skin.  I think they will have to be cut out.

I don't know who his owners are and I don't know if they would get mad if I
were to do this, but since they are not doing it maybe somebody should.
Their phone number is on Oscar's tag, but I am reluctant to call them to ask
if I can take him to a groomer to have this done.  It would be like saying
"Since you are not taking care of your cat, can I do your job for you?"  I
don't want to come off like that, but I know that mats hurt.

I'm being overly Motherly to all the little animals since I just lost Astro.

Betty

In a message dated 11/04/2000 1:38:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> hi betty
>  my cats don't have their claws..but i am always on hand also...

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
"I will either find a way or make one."