C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 16:35:42 -0400
Isn't it though?

Well, the file server crapped out, so I've been playing a bit.  Here are a
couple of fun sites to visit while waiting for the server to be restored:

http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/cgi-bin/ttsdemo

The AT&T stuff I might actually purchase for use here at work.  It would be
great for use at our Public Access terminals.  I'm thinking we could use it
to give court docket info to our blind patrons.  Whaddya think?  (I believe
I might have sent this link before.  My memory ain't none too good, of late.

I had fun with it this afternoon, plugging in lines from "O Brother, Where
Art Though?"  I typed in the monologue from the 'blind seer'.  What a hoot!

I was listening to "All Things Considered" on NPR during Monday's's drive
home and they had an hilarious segment featuring "Pimp Daddy Supreme".  PDS
is a white, geeky sort who has used an audio transliteration of the Merriam
Webster dictionary to create audio tracks for about 100 R&B, pop and rock
tunes.  The web filtering software here at work prevents me from accessing
the sites, but you can easily reach it from home @ any of these three url:

www.dictionaraoke.mirrors.gweep.net
www.dictionaraoke.com
www.dictionaraoke.org

or, you can get the whole scoop at
http://search.npr.org/cf/cmn/cmnpd01fm.cfm?PrgDate=05/13/2002&PrgID=2 and
look for the dictionaraoke segment.

Drat!  File server's back up.  Gotta get back to 'real' work.