C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 09:01:11 -0400
Like I said, I'm really sorry for my harsh words and am glad you are
being so kind about all this. I do know there's a proposed link
between CMV and premature births but I didn't think it was borne out
by research. Washing your hands after every trip to the bathroom and
before you touch utensils, etc., is always a good idea, which is so
tragically evident in your case.   Unfortunately it's taken the swine
flu scare to make people (and medical staff)  be reminded about proper
hygiene.

I guess you pushed a hot button with the "Thin" bit because I have
such strong feelings about people accepting the way they are, not
trying to look like a famous actress (on a even sillier note, there's
a woman in the UK who has shelled out more than 200,000 pounds to look
like Nefertiti -yes, THAT Nefertiti even though she's only going by a
model of a 2000-year-dead woman!).

Kat