C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 16:25:14 EDT
I know how you feel Mag, I have mixed emotions about things like this myself.
 I love raptors, but it's hard to visualize one taking a fox.  TV has a very
good way of yanking on our emotional chains.  I watch those shows, but when I
sense something like that coming, I change the channel for a couple of
minutes.

I am really getting into reptiles now too, particularly snakes, and I watch
those shows as well.  But I love all the animals they eat, so I keep my
remote close at hand.

I know the day will come when the same thing is happening on every station at
the same time, and there won't be any escape.  Then I'll look out at my
birdfeeder, but there will be a hawk there, doing his McDonald's thing.  Then
I'll look at my cat for comfort, but I won't be able to find Astro.

Boy, will you guys get a whacked-out post from me that day.

In a message dated 05/04/2000 3:51:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,