C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 00:13:23 EST
Good point Joy.  I don't think he is being contradictory though.  I'm not up
on this, but I suspect that the Pope is opposed to fetal stem cell research
and not other types of research that do not involve the use of fetal stem
cells.  I'm not Catholic, but I have my own concerns about stem cell
research, to tell you the truth, not for the same reasons though.  I just
worry about what will happen 50 years down the road because of decisions we
make today.

In a message dated 12/05/2000 10:52:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Does anyone else find it ironic that the pope calls for more scientific
>  research at the same time that he opposes stem cell research, which could
>  hold the key to curing many conditions?  It seems hypocritical to me.  I'm
>  not trying to stir up a controversy, it just struck me as I was reading
>  this.
>
>  ~Joy~

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam