C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 14:26:14 -0400
Hi Ken,

             I merely followed thru on Kat's saying her anthropology teacher
said it was Pagan - all I could find was Old English - and prior to 1200 -
this doesn't give exactly explain where they got it from. Hallowed is also
used for many other things other than just religion - hallowed ground -
hallowed halls etc. I answered Mike's question on the orgins of Halloween.
Most words go back to very anciet cultures - ie Hebrew, Greek or Roman. Also
Babylonia and Sumeria. The further back in time we go the more obsure
beginnigs become. There where civilizations before the Jews - so who knows
where their words came from.

                                        Brightest Blessings - Trisha