C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 15:18:17 EDT
In a message dated 4/1/01 6:48:09 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Do tell, Bobby?  I'd lovef to have met John Wayne in his prime. Of course,
my
dad is a bit like Wayne, so I don't think I missed much

When I was in Special ed., the school was not from from downtown San Antonio.
We walked by the Alamo every day almost. One day, there was this big hoopla
and they had bleachers up in front of it. Being kids, the police never
bothered us, so we walked  right up to the bleachers and I saw John Wayne.
He was my hero because I had seen the original Stagecoach. He was sitting on
the end of the bleacher, looked down saw me and extended his hand and pulled
me up and I sat beside he and Maureen O'Hara. I could not get over how big JW
was and how beautiful Maureen O'Hara was.

    The second wasn't so great. Was in a drunken blackout and my
brother-in-law reminded me of it years later.

Bobby