C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:10:25 -0500
Mag,

        If you know the right folks, you can get a disability awareness
component built into the training of 911 operators. This might avoid
situations
like this in the future. We do that for the Memphis Police and it works out
well. Since I do most of it, every time I'm stopped, they say, "Your the
dude from the academy!!" I hope they are more senstive to other PWD's as
well.
Bobby