C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:13:04 -1000
It's definitely hard to get good medical care under any circumstances! I
have turned down more treatments than I have accepted and even with that I
said yes to some I later found out were better to have said no too.
One thing we did to my grandson that I regret is acupuncture. It helped me
with allergies and this acupuncturist said he could regenerate the brain
tissue but it was not so.
I am learning some great things from you guys and am very appreciative.
Also his former PT said the arm swinging was just habit and he could break
it but then I read one complication of botox could be spasticity or
involuntary movement in other parts of the body and he does seem to have
more arm  and shoulder swinging after botox. He's doing just great though
and so are all of you.
It's a learning process and thanks for being so generous with your time.