C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:47:39 -0400
I've been on the Cerebral Palsy List a long time.  I've seen much fine
writing, learned much, come to respect, cherish, and love many people.
With few exceptions I hope the friendships made here will last a
lifetime and evolve beyond the confines of an email list into the
tangible delights of three dimensional life.  This is my 60th birthday
year and I want to claim some part of each day in celebration.

When Carla MacInnis last appeared she asked that the List develop
threads of importance and significance at a level worthy of our
abilities and useful to others.  I absolutely share and endorse Carla's
concern.  Some more significant postings have been born and died because
they were not developed or sunk in a smarmy swamp.

Like the next person I'm for fun, the quick line, ribaldry.  But a
clique is growing here and being encouraged by people who should know
better.  This List reads more and more like an AoL Sex Frenzied Chit
Room.  The older married men and some not always younger single women
are having an orgy while others watch the nonsense.  Some of the younger
single guys scramble to be included.  To their credit most of the
married women have tended to be discreet, understated, or post
infrequently.  Actually, several have attempted sensible and worthwhile
threads.  Notwithstanding my perhaps too frequent blatancy for which I
may deserve criticism but not condemnation and exile, I prefer the more
sophisticated subtle conversations to the side of the loud noise and hot
house crowd.  Frankly I am posting more off List than on.  Thank God for
my friends.

I don't think I'm alone in my opinion but I don't expect many will offer
open endorsement.  If I am correct then time will heal wounds recently
incurred and ultimately change tenor for the better.  But like many here
I have a life to live elsewhere and intend to go on with it.

Steve